||The Trading is done in Blantyre
Malawi and starts everyday at 1030am. Counters are diverse and include
Functions and Objectives Of The Company
The Malawi Stock Exchange was set to serve
a critical need in the Malawi economy of offering an alternative avenue
of raising capital for companies to grow and provide a link between capital
raisers and investors seeking profitable investment. The Stock Exchange
was also established as a vessel through which Government would successfully
privatize companies into the hands of many Malawians. In pursuance to
these functions, the Stock Exchange operates under the following objectives:
- Promoting development of the capital markets in Malawi
by, inter alia, mobilization of savings and related funds for investment
in long-term assets and other productive enterprises.
- Promoting just and equitable principles of securities
- Preventing fraudulent and manipulative acts and practices
by securities issuers, brokers, dealers, market markers, underwriters,
and all participants in the market.
- Preventing and/or removing impediments to, and promote
a free and open market.
- Protecting both investor and public interest in the